2014 Diversity Works Job Fairs Announced!
"Expect, Employ, Empower"
October 15, 2014 10:00AM-1:00PM University of New Orleans
Lindy C. Boggs Conference Center
2045 Lakeshore Drive, New Orleans, LA 70122
October 16, 2014 9:00AM-12:00PM Slidell Municipal Auditorium
2056 Second Street, Slidell, LA 704458
October 21, 2014 9:30AM-12:30PM Lake Charles Civic Center
900 Lake Shore Drive, Lake Charles, Louisiana
October 27, 2014 9:00AM-12:00PM Riverview Hall & Theater
600 Clyde Fant Pkwy, Shreveport, LA 71101
October 28, 2014 9:30AM- 12:30PM Monroe Civic Center
401 Lea Joyner Memorial Expressway, Monroe, LA 71201
Southeast Louisiana Work Incentives
Planning & Assistance (SELAWIPA)
Advocacy Center is happy to announce the Social Security Administration funded Work Incentives Planning and Assistance (WIPA) program will resume providing “FREE” benefits advisement assistance to SSI and SSDI beneficiaries EFFECTIVE AUGUST 1, 2013.
We look forward to providing WIPA services to your clients. Our certified Community Work Incentive Coordinators (CWICS) can assist clients understand the impact of work on SSA and other state and federal benefits. CWICS will develop an individualized benefits analysis plan that can be used as a guide to help clients achieve their employment goals. To prepare your agency to begin making referrals, we request your support by sharing WIPA’s start date and new referral procedures with your staff.
Advocacy Center is authorized by SSA to provide benefits advisement services in the following SELAWIPA Parishes: Orleans, Jefferson, East Baton Rouge, St. Tammany, St. Bernard, Plaquemines, Tangipahoa, West Feliciana, East Feliciana, St. Helena, Livingston, Ascension, Terrebonne, Assumption, LaFourche, Washington, St. James, St. John the Baptist, and St. Charles.
To refer clients for WIPA services:
Thank you in advance for your support and your client referrals to the WIPA program.
If you are interested in scheduling a training for your clients, agency or small and large groups, please contact at 1-800-960-7705 X-141 or email me at email@example.com
To Access Benefits Planning Services in Other Parts of the State:
The Louisiana Benefits Planning Services, LABPS, is one of two SSA funded Work Incentive Planning and Assistance grants awarded to organizations in Louisiana.To request services from LA-BPS visit their webste at: www.hdc.lsuhsc.edu/labps http://www.hdc.lsuhsc.edu/labps
You can also request assistance by calling: (855) 886-5123
Do you need help to address your employment barriers?
The Advocacy Center can help YOU!
1. The Work Incentives Planning and Assistance Program (WIPA) assists beneficiaries of Social Security to understand how going to work impacts their Social Security benefits. Community Work Incentives Coordinators (CWICS), who are employees of the Advocacy Center, are trained and certified by the Social Security Administration to provide advice and follow along service to help beneficiaries understand how work impacts SSA benefits and how work incentives can improve their success in employment. CWICs help beneficiaries make informed decisions about working by developing a work plan that includes the use of SSA work incentives. CWICs also help the beneficiary understand the impact of work on state and federal programs, such as Waiver programs, housing, and other support services.
2. Protection and Advocacy for Beneficiaries of Social Security program or PABSS. PABSS focuses on:
* Assisting people with disabilities who want to enter the workforce or who want to maintain or regain their job, but who need an accommodation in order to do so. PABSS helps such people state their need for accommodations in a way that will get them the results they need.
* Assisting people who believe they have been discriminated against by their employer to file complaints with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC).
* Working toward systemic changes that will help people with disabilities to have more and better opportunities to work in the competitive work environment.
* Providing information and guidance to Social Security beneficiaries who have an overpayment that exists as a barrier to employment.
3. Client Assistance Program (CAP) provides assistance to clients of Louisiana Rehabilitation Services. Examples of services include: assistance during application for services, denial of services and funding, order of selection decision, assistive technology, employment services/training, communication issues with LRS, transition from school to work, education and other services requested to become employed.
The Client Assistance Program recently took action to ensure that Louisiana Rehabilitation Services (LRS) would not require clients who receive Social Security Income (SSI) or Social Security Disability Income (SSDI) to contribute to the cost of their rehabilitation services. If you were discouraged by LRS from starting a small business, or were asked to contribute to the cost as a condition of receiving LRS services, please contact David Gallegos at 1-800-960-7705 x141 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To request assistance from PABSS and CAP , call Advocacy Center at 1-800-960-7705
Employment Outlook....Governors Promote Employment for People With Disabilities. Full article below.
In the areas of employment and rehabilitation, the Advocacy Center may be able to help Louisiana residents with issues related to:
Employment Programs Include:
1. Client Assistance Program (CAP)- Provides advocacy services to clients of Louisiana Rehabilitation Services
2. Protection and Advocacy for Beneficiaries of Social Security (PABSS)- Provides advocacy to SSI and SSDI beneficiaries with barriers to employment
Call: 1-800-960-7705 for more information on AC's employment programs
3. Work Incentives Planning & Assistance (WIPA)-To request assistance call: 1-855-877-8599
WIPA provides benefits advice and counseling to SSI and SSDI beneficiaries who have questions on how work can impact their Social Security and other benefits.
Do you need help understanding how SSI/SSDI benefits are affected by work? To request assistance call 1-855-877-8599 .
Please enter your e-mail address to subscribe to our news flash.
Add email@example.com to your contacts to help keep the news flash from going to your spam folder.